- Mummy, what’s porn?
- The real difference between girls and boys
- Huggies and potty training: Same old shit
- Food Diary
- So pink is for girls and blue is for boys… right?
- When does the right to privacy start?
- Ranting about sex and children
- This means war.
- #88 - Control
- Does My Ego Look Fat In This?
- “O” no thanks
- Wonder women
- Dear Parents and Carers- Re. Anne Summers- I-Scream Campaign
- Relationship Advice for Tweens
- Yet another pretend ice-cream van
- Ann Summers- #misogynytour
- The gender of parenthood
- Girlie pink crap is bad for boys and girls alike
- Secret sex – the myth of the gender neutral childhood
- Choosing your battles wisely
- Tomboy Tomgirl
- Teenage Kicks
- Some musings on the HPV Vaccine
- BLOG NAME POLL
- Deffr’nce: A new concept in gender studies
- Dear Pretty Dresses and Photographers
- Those who shout loudest are getting heard - a plea to parents who support school SRE
- A Naming of Parts
- Body Image and Self Esteem
- Gender Diversity
- Help! My kid is sexually active
- Role Modelling Positive Relationships and avoiding negative ones
- Sex Education
- Sex Positive Values
- Sexual Diversity
- Talking to your kids about sex
- Anatomy Body Image and Self Esteem Communication Consent Female Gender Diversity Help! My kid is sexually active Honesty Male Masturbation Pornography Respect Role Modelling Positive Relationships and avoiding negative ones Sex Education Sex Positive Values Sexual Diversity Sexualisation Talking to your kids about sex Trust Uncategorized
AboutSexuality Sexual pleasure, health, politics, science, and culture on About.com.
Dr Petra's Blog Academic analysis of sex reports in the media.
For Parents and Teachers
What Makes a Baby? New Sex Positive Inclusive book
P4SRE The parents and carers campaign for good sex and relationships education
Sexedukation A teacher writing about sex and relationships education
For young people
Jump Magazine Magazine for Girls
BISHUK Sex and Relationships Education Website for young people.
Scarleteen Sex Education for the Real World
Category Archives: Gender Diversity
This summer I am about to embark on another potty training odyssey! Way-hey! The summer’s great for potty training, isn’t it? That’s what everyone says, like it’s one great pastoral idyll where children can run about naked all day long, … Continue reading
This post was originally posted on Butwhymummywhy?‘s blog. Recently I was reading a great blog post over at Lulastic check her out if you haven’t come across her before. The subject was gender and brought up an issue that has … Continue reading
This post was written by @ANewMother and originally appeared in her blog Motherhood and Other Misnomers. It’s Friday! Let’s talk about something light and fluffy, like misandry. It’s my new word. If you want to look it up, I’ll save you … Continue reading
Originally posted at impeus.com, this was written in August 2010 whilst I was pregnant with my (first and only) daughter. The proliferation of “mother and baby” clubs gets to me sometimes. Its as if fathers don’t exist. I could understand … Continue reading
Originally written in September 2011 on impeus.com The Telegraph recently published an article about girls preferring pink from age two, which my twitter feed buzzed briefly about. This is the kind of thing I’m interested in, trying to bring my daughter … Continue reading
Originally published on impeus.com BBC Breakfast on Monday 23d January* featured a story about Beck Laxton and Kieran Cooper, parents of Sasha whose gender had been “kept secret” in order to “avoid stupid stereotypes” and increase the chances of experiencing an … Continue reading
When I was ten and soon to be going to big school, I was faced with a dilemma. Skirts. Back in 1983 at Ousedale Comprehensive, girls were not allowed to wear trousers. I hadn’t worn a skirt since the age … Continue reading
Years ago, Hollyoaks featured a terrifically annoying character called Kris. He was even more annoying than the usual characters, not just because he couldn’t spell his own name (I’ve known it’s spellt “Chris” since I was, like, five and it’s … Continue reading
Reblogged from thismothersday: We’ve been watching Disney’s ‘Beauty and The Beast’ pretty much daily round here (Yes, I’m sure that makes me a fairly slack parent). The Ziggler thinks it’s the best thing ever, calls it ‘Monster and Lady’ and … Continue reading
Dear Pretty Dresses and Photographers, Okay so I had a silly bit of angst yesterday and it was caused by pondering this comment on Dear Makeup from my friend Etellerandet: ….Everyone praises her for being beautiful. Now, I’m not saying everyone should … Continue reading