- Mummy, what’s porn?
- The real difference between girls and boys
- Huggies and potty training: Same old shit
- Food Diary
- So pink is for girls and blue is for boys… right?
- When does the right to privacy start?
- Ranting about sex and children
- This means war.
- Does My Ego Look Fat In This?
- “O” no thanks
- Wonder women
- Dear Parents and Carers- Re. Anne Summers- I-Scream Campaign
- Relationship Advice for Tweens
- Yet another pretend ice-cream van
- Ann Summers- #misogynytour
- The gender of parenthood
- Girlie pink crap is bad for boys and girls alike
- Secret sex – the myth of the gender neutral childhood
- Choosing your battles wisely
- Tomboy Tomgirl
- Teenage Kicks
- Some musings on the HPV Vaccine
- BLOG NAME POLL
- Deffr’nce: A new concept in gender studies
- Dear Pretty Dresses and Photographers
- Those who shout loudest are getting heard – a plea to parents who support school SRE
- A Naming of Parts
- Body Image and Self Esteem
- Gender Diversity
- Help! My kid is sexually active
- Role Modelling Positive Relationships and avoiding negative ones
- Sex Education
- Sex Positive Values
- Sexual Diversity
- Talking to your kids about sex
- Anatomy Body Image and Self Esteem Communication Consent Female Gender Diversity Help! My kid is sexually active Honesty Male Masturbation Pornography Respect Role Modelling Positive Relationships and avoiding negative ones Sex Education Sex Positive Values Sexual Diversity Sexualisation Talking to your kids about sex Trust Uncategorized
AboutSexuality Sexual pleasure, health, politics, science, and culture on About.com.
Dr Petra's Blog Academic analysis of sex reports in the media.
For Parents and Teachers
What Makes a Baby? New Sex Positive Inclusive book
P4SRE The parents and carers campaign for good sex and relationships education
Sexedukation A teacher writing about sex and relationships education
For young people
Jump Magazine Magazine for Girls
BISHUK Sex and Relationships Education Website for young people.
Scarleteen Sex Education for the Real World
Category Archives: Sex Education
This morning my five-year-old announced that he would be learning “how to tell the difference between girls and boys”. Like any self-respecting liberal parent, I found myself torn between thinking “cool – he’s ready for a frank, open discussion” and … Continue reading
This post is from @tattooed_mummy and originally appeared on her blog Random Rantings of a Tattooed Mummy This morning a news story made me have a quick twitter rant. (just look at the poster ad!) The rant was only a few tweets … Continue reading
This post was written by @SarahMo3W and first appeared on her blog Mum of Three World. Do you have any advice for her? Recently I have noticed some inappropriate behaviour creeping into my house. I suppose I might have to … Continue reading
Dear Parents and Carers*, So Ann Summers has caused a furore by their really grim “I-scream” campaign. Already lots of blog posts on it here, here, here, here, here and here. Rather than replicate the other fine posts on it, I was having musings of a slightly … Continue reading
This is a post from @sonyacisco who blogs at The Ramblings of a Formerly Rock and Roll Mum the original post can be viewed here. I have an almost 16 year old daughter. I think I have probably armed her with what she … Continue reading
In my experience the vast vast majority of parents are supportive of schools delivering Sex and Relationship Education. They may have some concerns about the material or how to support their child with it, but by engaging with the school…