- Mummy, what’s porn?
- The real difference between girls and boys
- Huggies and potty training: Same old shit
- Food Diary
- So pink is for girls and blue is for boys… right?
- When does the right to privacy start?
- Ranting about sex and children
- This means war.
- Does My Ego Look Fat In This?
- “O” no thanks
- Wonder women
- Dear Parents and Carers- Re. Anne Summers- I-Scream Campaign
- Relationship Advice for Tweens
- Yet another pretend ice-cream van
- Ann Summers- #misogynytour
- The gender of parenthood
- Girlie pink crap is bad for boys and girls alike
- Secret sex – the myth of the gender neutral childhood
- Choosing your battles wisely
- Tomboy Tomgirl
- Teenage Kicks
- Some musings on the HPV Vaccine
- BLOG NAME POLL
- Deffr’nce: A new concept in gender studies
- Dear Pretty Dresses and Photographers
- Those who shout loudest are getting heard – a plea to parents who support school SRE
- A Naming of Parts
- Body Image and Self Esteem
- Gender Diversity
- Help! My kid is sexually active
- Role Modelling Positive Relationships and avoiding negative ones
- Sex Education
- Sex Positive Values
- Sexual Diversity
- Talking to your kids about sex
- Anatomy Body Image and Self Esteem Communication Consent Female Gender Diversity Help! My kid is sexually active Honesty Male Masturbation Pornography Respect Role Modelling Positive Relationships and avoiding negative ones Sex Education Sex Positive Values Sexual Diversity Sexualisation Talking to your kids about sex Trust Uncategorized
AboutSexuality Sexual pleasure, health, politics, science, and culture on About.com.
Dr Petra's Blog Academic analysis of sex reports in the media.
For Parents and Teachers
What Makes a Baby? New Sex Positive Inclusive book
P4SRE The parents and carers campaign for good sex and relationships education
Sexedukation A teacher writing about sex and relationships education
For young people
Jump Magazine Magazine for Girls
BISHUK Sex and Relationships Education Website for young people.
Scarleteen Sex Education for the Real World
Tag Archives: girls
This post was originally posted on Butwhymummywhy?‘s blog. Recently I was reading a great blog post over at Lulastic check her out if you haven’t come across her before. The subject was gender and brought up an issue that has … Continue reading
Years ago, Hollyoaks featured a terrifically annoying character called Kris. He was even more annoying than the usual characters, not just because he couldn’t spell his own name (I’ve known it’s spellt “Chris” since I was, like, five and it’s … Continue reading
This is a guest post from Mairi Campbell-Jack; a poet who lives in Edinburgh with her daughter. Mairi blogs poetry at A Lump In The Throat and tweets as @lumpinthethroat. The post originally appeared on DorkyMum. Being a good “feminist”, … Continue reading
Spring 1987. I’m in my first year at secondary school. The May Day Carnival is just around the corner. One day all the boys in our year are called into the school hall. It’s time to select who’ll be the … Continue reading
A post I wrote when musing on the fact that I spent much of my childhood not even knowing what I had down below – and I’m still not sure what all of it’s called! So, I’m not sure what … Continue reading
As well as Smug Mothers Of Girls (SMOGs) I definitely believe we have Smug Mothers of Boys (SMOBs). But hey, the more acronyms for gender stereotyping in parenting the better, right? I recently overheard the following conversation at a children’s … Continue reading